Our school meals are very popular with over 110 children on average enjoying one every day. There are many "specials" and we have meals when we invite Mums(and Grandmas), Dads(and Grandads), new starters and Leavers' families to join us and share the special occasions.
There is plenty of choice and the kitchen staff are always aware of any special medical or dietary needs and prepare meals accordingly.
Children can have meals every day or any other pattern that they choose.
We need a minimum of a week's notice before any change so that arrangements and ordering is straightforward.
Since September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England have been offered a free school meal (FSM).
Eligibility criteria for other groups
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at key stages 2-4 will continue, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria for those groups of pupils.
In England, children at key stages 2-4 in state-funded schools are entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
· Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
If you think you are eligible for free school meals, and your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, please apply for them as both your family and school benefits from this status. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch.