Ethos & Values
At the start of the process of redesigning our curriculum, the teaching staff met to build a framework of core British values to layer the curriculum around. These values are fundamental to the development of our children into rounded individuals who will therefore play a stronger role in the future of our country as they mature into teenagers and on into young adults.
The values are taught as distinct themes and also through other aspects of their learning both in the classroom and around school.
This year's values
Confidence in own abilities or judgement
relying on self and not others
a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult
an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change
the quality that allows someone to continue trying to do something even though it is difficult
to have high expectations in all you do
the ability to make new things or think of new ideas
the quality that makes one person or thing different from all others
the ability to form a picture in your mind of something that you have not seen or experienced
It is the philosophy of the school that every child be treated as an individual, with respect to their own personality, their intellectual, physical, emotional, social and spiritual level and growth. Thus, all children, whatever their ability, receive the same care and attention.
- We promote good manners and kindness to all, so creating a family atmosphere within the school.
- We respect our children equally regardless of sex, colour or creed, and we believe that all of them can be helped to develop further and learn more.
- We try, at all times, to allow each child to develop a sense of self respect and the ability to contribute as members of the school family, so that in later life they will become useful members of the community.
- We wish to motivate the children by encouraging them and by making learning an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- We do, recognise that they must have discipline to achieve this, and to this end the school operates a team points system to encourage effort, manners and good work.