The purpose of this grant is to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of pupils aged 5-11 years old, in the 2016/17 academic year so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles.
The Education Funding Agency (EFA) calculation is based on the number of pupils aged 5-11 years from the January 2017 census. Each school with more than 17 pupils receives £8000, plus £5 per eligible pupil.
So far we have received:-
Current Academic Year £4400
The PE & Sports Premium Grant has been used in a number of ways to impact on pupil attainment, these include:
· Training for staff
· Partnership with local schools
· Planning time for teachers with a specialist sports coach
· Initiating “Change4Life” clubs for all ages to develop skills and attitudes relating to managing a healthier lifestyle
· Quality assuring sports coaches
· Providing Outdoor & Adventurous activities
· Providing a range of clubs and activities outside the curriculum, including sports and activities that are unusual or new to our children
· Maintain and enhance PE/Games resources
· Increase participation in competitive inter-school events and tournaments
· Developing our house system to enable inter-house sports
As a result of this funding, we have seen an increased level of participation in physical activities across the whole school. More children are joining different clubs and more are involved in competitive inter-school tournaments.