As part of Carter’s Charity Primary School's ongoing safeguarding and child protection duties we are fully behind the government's Prevent Strategy.
From 1 July 2015 all schools are subject to a duty under section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, in the exercise of their functions, to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”.
This duty is known as the Prevent Duty for Schools.
All organisations should have awareness around Prevent & various forms radicalisation might take. Everyone should know how to recognise signs and respond appropriately.
Here at Carter’s Charity Primary School our duty is to…
- Establish a single point of contact for Prevent (Mr Hassett)
- Assess risk of students being drawn into terrorism
- Develop an action plan to reduce the risk
- Train staff to recognise radicalisation and extremism
- Refer vulnerable people to Channel.
- Prohibit extremist speakers and events
- Manage access to extremist material
- Lancashire Safeguarding Children Procedures http://www.lancashiresafeguarding.org.uk/
- Channel: Protecting Vulnerable People from being drawn into terrorism; A guide for local partnershipshttp://www.homeoffice- gov.uk/publications.counter- terroism/prevent/channel
- Lancashire Channel Co-ordinator 01772 413029