After the disruption of the last 18 months we are looking forward to seeing the children sharing their meals in the school hall.
Please inform the office ASAP of any changes needed to be applied to your child’s account before the end of the week before you wish any changes to be made. We need at least 7 days’ notice. We may have to charge if we don’t get enough notice.
This is our planned menu for this coming half term:
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at key stages 2-4 will continue, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria for those groups of pupils.
In England, children at key stages 2-4 in state-funded schools are entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of specific benefits. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
If you think you are eligible for free school meals, and your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, please apply for them as both your family and school benefits from this status. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Further information and the local authority's application form are HERE
Since September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England have been offered a free school meal (FSM).
However, please do apply if eligible for benefits-led free school meals even if your child is in our Reception, Y1 or Y2, as this has added benefits for both you and your family and the school. If you have any questions, please contact us.